Trusted criminal defense lawyer
Author: J. Blake Ledbetter, Partner, Conoscienti & Ledbetter
Mr. Ledbetter specializes in civil litigation in metropolitan Atlanta, Georgia, and possesses vast experience in wrongful death lawsuits. Mr. Ledbetter was recognized as a SuperLawyers Rising Star in 2018 and 2019 in the area of Civil Litigation. Published on June 27, 2023.
Understanding the gravity of domestic violence and the legal challenges it entails is essential. We at Conoscienti & Ledbetter, LLC, situated in the heart of Decatur, Georgia, provide comprehensive legal services tailored to domestic violence cases. Our firm has established a strong reputation for its responsiveness and seasoned experience in handling serious charges like domestic violence with the utmost efficiency and integrity.
Our approach to law is deeply rooted in the principles of honesty and compassion. We recognize that every domestic violence case carries with it profound personal implications for all parties involved. It’s our commitment to treat each client with the respect and dignity they deserve while navigating these sensitive legal matters. With over 35 years of combined legal experience, our goal is to guide you through the intricacies of the legal system, ensuring that your voice is heard and your rights are protected.
Speak with trusted criminal defense lawyer today, for free.
In the State of Georgia, allegations of domestic violence are taken very seriously, and the legal procedures can significantly impact the future of everyone involved. As experienced attorneys, we understand that facing an accusation can be distressing. Here’s what you should know about the process:
- Initial Response: When an allegation of domestic violence arises, the response of law enforcement is swift. Officers often make an arrest based on the information available at the scene.
- Charges and Hearings: Domestic violence can be classified as a felony or a misdemeanor, depending on the circumstances. Felonies carry more severe penalties, possibly including jail time. The accused will appear at a bond hearing, where bail could be set.
- Protection Orders: Judges may issue protection orders, which can limit contact with the alleged victim.
- Legal Defense: It is critical to defend against these charges promptly and effectively. A strong defense might mean the difference between freedom and incarceration.
- Trial Procedures: If a plea agreement isn’t reached, the case will go to trial. Evidence will be presented by both the defense and the prosecution before a verdict of guilty or not guilty is reached.
- Post-Trial: If found guilty, sentencing will occur, followed possibly by appeals.
At Conoscienti & Ledbetter, LLC, we prioritize a responsive law approach. With our lawyer profile combining over 35 years of experience, we use every tool at our disposal to navigate the complexities of the criminal justice system. We’ll treat you with the utmost respect while vigorously defending your rights. Remember, a domestic violence charge can affect your life drastically—so having an adept team in your corner is paramount.
In Decatur, GA, defending against criminal charges involving domestic violence requires the skill and tenacity of experienced attorneys with a thorough understanding of the law.
We, at Conoscienti & Ledbetter, take the role of criminal defense attorneys seriously. It’s our job to provide legal representation to those accused of family violence, ensuring that their rights are upheld throughout the judicial process. Our experience spans decades, underpinning our commitment to serve as the linchpin of our clients’ defense.
Our background allows us to navigate complex cases and interface with entities like the Decatur Police Department, the state’s attorney’s office and courts, with confidence and authority.
To learn more about how we can help you, call us to schedule a free initial consultation. Our team of experienced attorneys is dedicated to providing the highest quality service and the best possible outcome for our clients. We provide professional, reliable, and confidential legal representation. Call us today!